Belinda

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Tool #11

In YOUR blog post, discuss at least three things you would want to make sure your students understand about being good digital citizens. Explain briefly how you would "teach" the idea of digital citizenship to your students.

Some of the 3 most important things to help students understand digital interaction are: etiquette, role (using the info for learning), and safety. How would I teach this idea?...hmm... ?I think it is more of a process, it would be difficult to teach it. However, I would start off by role playing. I would blindfold a student and have them walk around the room to find the stuffed animal I have placed somewhere. This would incorporate all three ideas. How? Because when we are online we don't know what we are going to run into, we don't know what we might hear, and we don't know what's going to pop up onto the screen. We have to carefully search around for the information needed.

1 comment:

  1. I think the blindfold idea is a really good one. I hadn't thought about the internet like that, but it is so true that we don't know what we will run into. I'm sure the students will be likely to remember the lesson taught this way.

    ReplyDelete